Lobby of Labour Party conference, demanding Labour pledge to rebuild the NHS. Called by NHS Liaison Network. Sunday 30 September, 2.30pm.
Meet at the central entrance to the convention complex, Peter Street, Manchester, M2 3GX.
We need to resist the Tories’ plans to trash the NHS immediately, not wait for the general election to solve things. But part of our resistance must be pressure on the Labour Party for a clear commitment to repeal the Health and Social Care Bill and rebuild our health service.
Labour movement and campaigning organisations supporting the lobby include Unite North West region, Merseyside County Association of Trades Union Councils, Wirral Trades Council, Wirral South CLP, Labour Representation Committee, East Ham RMT.
Please get your union branch, organisation, Labour Party branch etc to support the lobby.
Please help mobilise! Back the lobby, organise transport from your town and get involved.
Model motion calling for support for the Lobby of Labour Party Conference Lobby the Labour Party: Rebuild the NHS!
1.That while Andy Burnham has pledged to repeal the Health and Social Care Act if he becomes Health Secretary , Labour has not given a clear pledge to repeal the Act, let alone reverse the damage done and rebuild the NHS.
2.That it is vital that the labour movement fights to get a clear promise from the Labour Party on this matter: both as a goal in itself and because it will make the Tory Liberal coalition vandalism of the NHS more difficult.
1.That the NHS Liaison Committee to Save the NHS, which is backed by a range of trade union organisations, local NHS campaigns and figures including John McDonnell MP, is calling for a lobby of Labour Party conference in the Autumn. Plans are already underway and all planning is open to all wishing to take part.
1. To formally support and sponsor the lobby.
2. To advertise it in our publicity, and encourage people to join the lobby,
3. To bring this lobby to the attention of any relevant organisations that we have links with.
4. To book xx tickets on the coach to the lobby. [*]
* Please check with 07796 690 874 for the latest details of where coaches are booked.
Demands of the lobby:
- Labour should state clearly that it is for a return to the founding principle: Healthcare for all free at the point of need.
- A clear pledge to repeal the Con/Dems Health and Social Care Act.
- Business out of the NHS: reverse privatisation and outsourcing at every level.
- End PFI and liberate the NHS from extortionate PFI charges.
- Healthcare provision to meet needs; not overgrown bureaucracy: abolish the internal market.
- Tax the rich to rebuild the NHS and fund quality provision for all.
Please adapt this text to your organisation.